Anti-Racism in Sport Accord
The Anti-Racism in Sport Call to Action Accord was developed from the findings of the Exploring Experiences of Racism and Anti-Racism in Sport in Winnipeg Research Project, and with advisement of the Anti-Racism in Sport Campaign Accord Working Group and Advisory Committee.
Click on the following link to read the Accord document, which outlines Accord commitments and contains a partnership guide: Anti-Racism in Sport Accord.
Anti-Racism Policy Template
This template provides organizations with a guideline/template that would be helpful in creating their own anti-racism policy, whether choosing to create one from scratch or using the provided example as their own policy. Click on the following link to access the template: Anti-Racism in Sport Policy Template.
Education & Training
- Dedicate ourselves to continual learning about racism and anti-racism.
- Yearly workshops provided at all levels, including coaches, referees, participants, board members and staff.
- Support and empower officials to address racist behaviours from players, fans, coaches and other officials.
- Enforce, embed and uphold a zero tolerance anti-racism policy, a statement as part of the vision in our organization.
- To address every instance of racism.
- To create an internal reporting mechanism for racist instances.
- To record instances of racism within the organization.
Awareness & Action
- Work together to create safe and inclusive spaces for all First Nation, Métis Nation, Inuit, Black, Racialized and religious minority communities in Winnipeg.
- Collect race-based data annually within our organization: participants, coaches, referees, board members and staff.
- Seek to have more representation at all levels.
- Fund anti-racism programming and opportunities at all levels within the organization.
- Be an anti-racism leader and advocate within our sport system for change.
Overall recommendation: The signatories encourage the creation and use of an independent third-party reporting mechanism to collect data on instances of racism, and advocate for appropriate, measurable, and timely addressing of the issues.